Can a Invoice be cancelled in GST Regime for Services
Suraj kumar Mishra
watch_later 6 months, 1 week ago
We issued a Tax Invoice (Final Invoice) for service contract in Feb'18. As this was sub-contract to us and also this is final invoice (payment for balance 20% of the work, our service recipient is saying payment will be released only after approval from Principal recipient from whom our service recipient has got the contract. There is high chance that taxable value might change. Tomorrow (20th mar'18) is due date for GSTR-3B filing, Please suggest if we can cancel this Tax Invoice raised in Feb'18 and raise a final invoice on getting/knowing the approved amount from principal Service recipient. We are a small PVT. ltd. Co. and no other invoice is raised to any party after that invoice and also invoice is raised manually and not through software.
As per GST rules, invoice should be raised once services are provided. You cannot cancel invoice, you can issue a debit note instead.
In case in future if tax value changes, you can issue a new invoice for increased value or issue a debit note if value decreases.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- GSTR 3B
- Payment of GST on reimbursement of ta bills to a service provider when a separate bill is raised for the service given
- API for GSTIN verification
- Excel report for bulk GSTIN Verification
- Gst practitioner exam detailes
- tax reverse
- Sec 44 of Negotiable instruments act - Partial absence or failure of money consideration
- Negotiable instruments Act SEc 43 instruments made with out consideration
- GST Audit
- Tds deduction when seller in dubai
- GST Returns Sahaj and Sugam
- Place of Supply of goods under GST
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra