Can a Invoice be cancelled in GST Regime for Services
Suraj kumar Mishra
watch_later 1 month ago
We issued a Tax Invoice (Final Invoice) for service contract in Feb'18. As this was sub-contract to us and also this is final invoice (payment for balance 20% of the work, our service recipient is saying payment will be released only after approval from Principal recipient from whom our service recipient has got the contract. There is high chance that taxable value might change. Tomorrow (20th mar'18) is due date for GSTR-3B filing, Please suggest if we can cancel this Tax Invoice raised in Feb'18 and raise a final invoice on getting/knowing the approved amount from principal Service recipient. We are a small PVT. ltd. Co. and no other invoice is raised to any party after that invoice and also invoice is raised manually and not through software.
As per GST rules, invoice should be raised once services are provided. You cannot cancel invoice, you can issue a debit note instead.
In case in future if tax value changes, you can issue a new invoice for increased value or issue a debit note if value decreases.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial