Can a Invoice be cancelled in GST Regime for Services
Suraj kumar Mishra
watch_later 4 months ago
We issued a Tax Invoice (Final Invoice) for service contract in Feb'18. As this was sub-contract to us and also this is final invoice (payment for balance 20% of the work, our service recipient is saying payment will be released only after approval from Principal recipient from whom our service recipient has got the contract. There is high chance that taxable value might change. Tomorrow (20th mar'18) is due date for GSTR-3B filing, Please suggest if we can cancel this Tax Invoice raised in Feb'18 and raise a final invoice on getting/knowing the approved amount from principal Service recipient. We are a small PVT. ltd. Co. and no other invoice is raised to any party after that invoice and also invoice is raised manually and not through software.
As per GST rules, invoice should be raised once services are provided. You cannot cancel invoice, you can issue a debit note instead.
In case in future if tax value changes, you can issue a new invoice for increased value or issue a debit note if value decreases.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- refund of itc on pre-export sales
- GST on penalty
- GSTIN by Name
- conversion from composition to general
- Plywood ka g s t kaise nikalte hai
- SEARCH GST NO. WITH PAN
- Gst practitioner exam
- We are getting responses for just 2 requests in 15 minutes
- Agriculture bore repair
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
BUY DSC FOR MCA, IT AND GST
Experience KnowyourGST services. Apply for DSC and get it on same day. We promise fastest delivery of your DSC.
Whatsapp - 73386 33003
Telegram - @knowyourgst
Contact us on Whatsapp and Telegram number 7338633003 for quick reply.