E-way bill compulsory for Job workers?
watch_later 5 days, 14 hours ago
One of my client in Bangalore sends material to job workers for processing. Job workers are small weavers who stitch cloths and send back.
Material value is around 20,000 but today a GST vehicle stopped the consignment and asked to show E-way Bill.
We argued that E-way bill required only for distance more than 10 Kms. and value should be more than Rs. 50,000.
But GST inspector said in case of job workers limit is Rs. 1000 only.
I have not read anywhere about Rs. 1000 limit. Is he right?
Threshold limit of Rs. 50,000 doesn’t apply in this case, hence even if the value of goods sent to job worker is less than Rs. 50,000, the principal has to generate the e-way bill. - Rajeev Mishra
The threshold limit for e-waybill is differ in different states as west bengal has threshold limit of Rs. 1Lac. If movement of goods is more than Rs. 50000 but less than Rs. 1 Lac (in west bengal) no waybill is required. Please follow your state sales tax department notification in this regards. - Shashi Singh
There is no monetary limit on interstate job works.
If you are sending goods out of state, then you have to compulsory generate E-way bill regardless of invoice value.
But for local intra-state limit is Rs. 50,000 even for job works.
I have no idea how the officer said Rs. 1,000.
As per me he tried to harass. I could be wrong, but if any other learned member can share his opinion, that would be great.
Threshold limit of Rs. 50,000 doesn’t apply in this case, hence even if the value of goods sent to job worker is less than Rs. 50,000, the principal has to generate the e-way bill.
Hi check my answer. In case of interstate job works, E-way bill is compulsory otherwise in Intra state limit of 50,000 is applicable. Can you share any notification or rules regarding no limit in intrastate also? - GST Payer
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Sales return from Unregistered dealer
- Total taxable value
- Return Filing
- what shall be gst figure?
- CHANGE MODE IN GST RETURN
- how to change email on pprtal
- Difference between work contract & job work
- CHANGE ITEM INVOICE EDIT
- Either Return period or GSTIN from the cache and payload are different.
- GST on discount sale
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST