HSN code in GST invoice query
watch_later 11 months, 1 week ago
- Is it mandatory to put HSN or Accounting code against each item? I have read under rules that Taxpayers whose turnover is below Rs. 1.5 crores are not required to mention HSN Code in their invoices.
- For small businesses, falling under Composition scheme, do they need to provide complete details on the Bill of Supply (except CGST/SGST and IGST) and I assume Bill of Supply is same as Retail Invoice?
- Under GST filing, do we need to send the complete details of Invoice (HSN codes and items) for return calculations to GSTN?
suggest reading http://www.knowyourgst.com/article/gst-invoice-format-excel-pdf-22/ - Pulkit Sharma
Yes it mandatory to put HSN code or SAC in invoice for each product. Even tax payers paying under composition scheme need to show HSN code in bill of supply.
At the time of filing return invoice details has to be submitted along with HSN code, tax rate for each product and tax charged along with quantity and rate.
We at site are developing an invoice application which will be live next week, it will generate invoices as per GST invoice rules.
SAC or ACS should be understood as same. - Pulkit Sharma
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial