Is Gst Required For Freelance Consultants Billing Below 20l
watch_later 1 week, 4 days ago
I work in a company and earn a salary of 12 L per annum. In my free time I consult for clients in India and USA. The consulting revenue too is approximately Rs. 12 L per annum.
My doubt is, will my total revenue (salary plus consulting revenue) be considered for GST exemption? In that case it will be about 24 L by the end of the financial year.
Right now it has not touched that number for this financial year. Neither did it touch that figure last year.
So till I touch 20L, do I need to charge GST?
Any clarification will be much appreciated.
This is purely my opinion and should not be treated as a professional advice.
Services provided by an employee to employer are not considered as a supply of service.
So for purpose of GST, you need to consider only your consultancy services for Rs. 20 lakhs limit.
Since you are not crossing 20 lakhs, you need not to register under GST.
Thank a ton. Much Appreciated. - Shim Palladan
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Know all about Tax Collected at Source (TCS) for e-commerce sector in GST
- Top 5 GST Softwares
- GST Returns Sahaj and Sugam
- Place of Supply of goods under GST
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ