A Company Secretary become a GST practitioner?
watch_later 9 months, 1 week ago
I am reading GST law with respect to scope for company secretaries in GST. My question is whether a CS can become a GST practitioner and what scope they have as a practitioner?
Yes a CS can apply for GST practitioner.
Company secretaries cannot do the GST audit and other than that they can perform all functions as a tax practitioner.
They can provide following services to their clients:
- GST registration
- GST returns filing and compliance handling
- Present client as a tax practitioner
Thank you. Atleast they got something out of GST. But if audit powers are not given, then CS are treated like a normal tax conusltant!!! - GST Payer
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Gst rate issue
- TURNOVER FOR COMPOSITION SCHEME
- All about ITC when claimed more or less
- Misconception with regard to GST on RCM basis suspended till March for GTA too.
- Regarding ITC on export of goods
- How should ITC on capital goods be utilise?
- Bank account validated by PFMS
- Exemption list
- Invoicing for claiming local conveyance
- Gst returns for selling only exempted goods
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return