GST rate for software development services?
watch_later 1 year, 4 months ago
What is the tax rate for software development and related services?
Whether software is treated as a goods or services?
GST is applicable to software services and the rate is 18%. The GST rate for software sold in physical form is also 18%.
The software itself in the physical form is considered as Goods and Software Development is considered as Service.
GST tax rate for software developers is 18% with full Input Tax Credit.
For example, if you are paying rent for your office, you can claim the input credit of tax paid on rent. All other expenses on which tax is paid can be claimed against output liability of tax.
For following services under software category are to be taxed at 18%
- Information technology development services such as development of any software, mobile application, web application etc.
- Database services
- IT enabled services etc.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- GSTR 3B
- Payment of GST on reimbursement of ta bills to a service provider when a separate bill is raised for the service given
- API for GSTIN verification
- Excel report for bulk GSTIN Verification
- Gst practitioner exam detailes
- tax reverse
- Sec 44 of Negotiable instruments act - Partial absence or failure of money consideration
- Negotiable instruments Act SEc 43 instruments made with out consideration
- GST Audit
- Tds deduction when seller in dubai
- GST Returns Sahaj and Sugam
- Place of Supply of goods under GST
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra