GST rate for software development services?
watch_later 9 months ago
What is the tax rate for software development and related services?
Whether software is treated as a goods or services?
GST is applicable to software services and the rate is 18%. The GST rate for software sold in physical form is also 18%.
The software itself in the physical form is considered as Goods and Software Development is considered as Service.
GST tax rate for software developers is 18% with full Input Tax Credit.
For example, if you are paying rent for your office, you can claim the input credit of tax paid on rent. All other expenses on which tax is paid can be claimed against output liability of tax.
For following services under software category are to be taxed at 18%
- Information technology development services such as development of any software, mobile application, web application etc.
- Database services
- IT enabled services etc.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- About GST Return
- composite scheme
- Restaurant bill format without gst no.
- Gst Crack version
- Invoicing under GST
- Gst return for hotel
- catageory of sezing parking yard gst hsn code
- how to enter gst payment detail in sapB!
- About the 0% rate
- GST ON IMPORT OF SERVICE-TOUR PACKAGE SERVICE
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return