GST rate for software development services?
watch_later 11 months ago
What is the tax rate for software development and related services?
Whether software is treated as a goods or services?
GST is applicable to software services and the rate is 18%. The GST rate for software sold in physical form is also 18%.
The software itself in the physical form is considered as Goods and Software Development is considered as Service.
GST tax rate for software developers is 18% with full Input Tax Credit.
For example, if you are paying rent for your office, you can claim the input credit of tax paid on rent. All other expenses on which tax is paid can be claimed against output liability of tax.
For following services under software category are to be taxed at 18%
- Information technology development services such as development of any software, mobile application, web application etc.
- Database services
- IT enabled services etc.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial