GST tax rate for GTA (Goods transport agency) and transporters
watch_later 1 year, 1 month ago
What is the tax rate for Goods Transport Agency (GTA)? Whether input credit can be availed by GTA?
Tax rate of GTA is 5% and input credit is not available.
Services provided by Goods Transport Agency or GTA are divided into 2 categories and both are taxed at 5%.
- Services of goods transport agency (GTA) in relation to transportation of goods [other than used household goods for personal use] - Taxed at 5% without ITC (Input Tax credit)
- Services of goods transport agency in relation to transportation of used household goods for personal use. - Taxed at 5% without ITC (Input Tax credit)
Further it should be noted that service received from a GTA falls under Reverse Charging and tax is to be paid by service recipient.
What about reverse charge on GTA? As of now under service tax there is provision of RCM. - Rahul Rai
Updated the answer check it now. RCM is applicable on GTA. - GST Payer
Section 17(5) of the Central Goods and Services Act, 2017 provides that input tax credit in respect of the following shall not be available- (a) motor vehicles and other conveyances except when they are used- (i) for making the following taxable supplies, namely- (A) further supply of such vehicles or conveyances; or (B) transportation of passengers; or (C) imparting training on driving, flying, navigating such vehicles or conveyances; (ii) for transportation of goods; - Manoj Manu
Is't this rate for the service provider. The notification says, that this rate is applicable, provided the input credit is not utilised for supplying the service. Does't it mean it applies only for the provider. Then for recipient, this rate will not apply....correct me if i am wrong. - Sasidhar
@Sasidhar, Yes that makes sense. 12% for input is for service provider. For recipient it hardly matters, it is revenue neutral for government. - GST Payer
Yes Tax rate on GTA is fixed at 5% without Input Tax credit.
There is no clarity on whether Tax will be on RCM basis or not.
Is't this rate for the service provider. The notification says, that this rate is applicable, provided the input credit is not utilised for supplying the service. Does't it mean it applies only for the provider. Then for recipient, this rate will not apply....correct me if i am wrong. - Sasidhar - Sasidhar
You need to be logged in to answer.
- refund of itc on pre-export sales
- GST on penalty
- GSTIN by Name
- conversion from composition to general
- Plywood ka g s t kaise nikalte hai
- SEARCH GST NO. WITH PAN
- Gst practitioner exam
- We are getting responses for just 2 requests in 15 minutes
- Agriculture bore repair
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
BUY DSC FOR MCA, IT AND GST
Experience KnowyourGST services. Apply for DSC and get it on same day. We promise fastest delivery of your DSC.
Whatsapp - 73386 33003
Telegram - @knowyourgst
Contact us on Whatsapp and Telegram number 7338633003 for quick reply.