GST tax rate for tour operator agency?
watch_later 11 months ago
How much tax should be charged on service provided by a tour operator? Whether tax should be charged on only tour package or it should be charged on other services such as:
- Taxi booking services by a tour operator,
- Vehicle provided by tour operator,
- Guide provided by a tour operator
What will be the gst type if I provide the service to a customer of my own state but the service belongs to other state?? Cgst & sgst or Igst only?? - Pritam Mukherjee
Supply of service by a tour operator are taxed at 5% without ITC. Input tax credit is not available to tour operators. They cannot take input tax credit of tax paid on receipt of inward supplies.
Taxi booking service or any other service mentioned by you are also covered under same tax rate as these are the services which are provided by a tour operator.
However if services by a tour operator are provided to a foreign national outside of India, then such service is exempted from tax.
It means services provided by a tour operator to Indian are not exempted. Foreign tour packages provided to Indian are not exempted!!! - Rahul Rai
What about companies who deal in trekking . We go on treks and stay in tents . No vehicles or goods are moved - Sandhya Tyagi
@Sandhya Please ask a separate question with full details. - Pulkit Sharma
IF I BOUGHT PACKAGE TOUR FOR SAY RS 1 LACS AND SOLD TO OTHER PERSON SAME PACKAGE TOUR FOR 1.25 LACS, WHAT IS GST IMPLICATION ??? - JAY SANGANI
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Mistake in filing of gst 3B
- GSTR3B Rectification
- GSTr 3b returns
- POST SUPPLY DISCOUNT
- 180 and more then 180
- itc on vehicle repairing exps
- Penalty for late filing of GST returns
- how to deal with GST where the purchase in 18% and sales in 5%
- Missed 1 Purchase bill to claim for ITC
- GST PAYMENT
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial