GST tax rate for tour operator agency?
watch_later 9 months ago
How much tax should be charged on service provided by a tour operator? Whether tax should be charged on only tour package or it should be charged on other services such as:
- Taxi booking services by a tour operator,
- Vehicle provided by tour operator,
- Guide provided by a tour operator
What will be the gst type if I provide the service to a customer of my own state but the service belongs to other state?? Cgst & sgst or Igst only?? - Pritam Mukherjee
Supply of service by a tour operator are taxed at 5% without ITC. Input tax credit is not available to tour operators. They cannot take input tax credit of tax paid on receipt of inward supplies.
Taxi booking service or any other service mentioned by you are also covered under same tax rate as these are the services which are provided by a tour operator.
However if services by a tour operator are provided to a foreign national outside of India, then such service is exempted from tax.
It means services provided by a tour operator to Indian are not exempted. Foreign tour packages provided to Indian are not exempted!!! - Rahul Rai
What about companies who deal in trekking . We go on treks and stay in tents . No vehicles or goods are moved - Sandhya Tyagi
@Sandhya Please ask a separate question with full details. - Pulkit Sharma
IF I BOUGHT PACKAGE TOUR FOR SAY RS 1 LACS AND SOLD TO OTHER PERSON SAME PACKAGE TOUR FOR 1.25 LACS, WHAT IS GST IMPLICATION ??? - JAY SANGANI
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Negative Input Tax in GSTR 3B
- GST PENALTY & INTEREST
- Unable to set off Late Fee GST Liability
- GST on Hotel Billing
- Out of pocket expenses
- GST RETURN PURPOSE
- Unable to submit GSTR 3B Return
- Eway bill effective date
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return