GST tax rate on silk products such as silk yarn, silk fabric and silk sarees
watch_later 1 year, 3 months ago
What will be the rate of tax on silk items?
At what percentage tax should be paid on:
- Raw silk
- Waste silk
- Silk yarn
- Silk fabric
Raw silk, Silk cocoon and Silk waste are exempted from tax.
Other silk items are taxed at 5%, with full Input tax credit, however refund of excess ITC is not available.
Exempted from tax:
1. Silkworm laying, cocoon 
2. Raw silk 
3. Silk waste 
Taxed at 5% with full ITC (No refund):
1. Silk yarn [5004, 5005, 5006]
2. Woven fabrics of silk or silk waste  [With no refund of ITC accumulation]
From the rates announced so for we can understood that all silk fabrics are taxable including silk sarees manufactured through handloom, which are at present exempted from both VAT and Central Excise. Whatever rates announced are general, however separate Notification may be issued in future to make Silk Sarees made through handloom to exempt.
Handloom product should have been exempted. - Rahul Rai
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Excel report for bulk GSTIN Verification
- Gst practitioner exam detailes
- tax reverse
- Sec 44 of Negotiable instruments act - Partial absence or failure of money consideration
- Negotiable instruments Act SEc 43 instruments made with out consideration
- GST Audit
- Tds deduction when seller in dubai
- Query Relating to Composite Bill
- Refund on Inverted Tax system
- GST Returns Sahaj and Sugam
- Place of Supply of goods under GST
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra