GST tax rate on silk products such as silk yarn, silk fabric and silk sarees
watch_later 8 months, 2 weeks ago
What will be the rate of tax on silk items?
At what percentage tax should be paid on:
- Raw silk
- Waste silk
- Silk yarn
- Silk fabric
Raw silk, Silk cocoon and Silk waste are exempted from tax.
Other silk items are taxed at 5%, with full Input tax credit, however refund of excess ITC is not available.
Exempted from tax:
1. Silkworm laying, cocoon 
2. Raw silk 
3. Silk waste 
Taxed at 5% with full ITC (No refund):
1. Silk yarn [5004, 5005, 5006]
2. Woven fabrics of silk or silk waste  [With no refund of ITC accumulation]
From the rates announced so for we can understood that all silk fabrics are taxable including silk sarees manufactured through handloom, which are at present exempted from both VAT and Central Excise. Whatever rates announced are general, however separate Notification may be issued in future to make Silk Sarees made through handloom to exempt.
Handloom product should have been exempted. - Rahul Rai
You need to be logged in to answer.
- About GST Return
- composite scheme
- Restaurant bill format without gst no.
- Gst Crack version
- Invoicing under GST
- Gst return for hotel
- catageory of sezing parking yard gst hsn code
- how to enter gst payment detail in sapB!
- About the 0% rate
- GST ON IMPORT OF SERVICE-TOUR PACKAGE SERVICE
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return
- Invoice uploaded but GSTR 1 not submitted by the Supplier