GST tax rate on silk products such as silk yarn, silk fabric and silk sarees
watch_later 10 months, 2 weeks ago
What will be the rate of tax on silk items?
At what percentage tax should be paid on:
- Raw silk
- Waste silk
- Silk yarn
- Silk fabric
Raw silk, Silk cocoon and Silk waste are exempted from tax.
Other silk items are taxed at 5%, with full Input tax credit, however refund of excess ITC is not available.
Exempted from tax:
1. Silkworm laying, cocoon 
2. Raw silk 
3. Silk waste 
Taxed at 5% with full ITC (No refund):
1. Silk yarn [5004, 5005, 5006]
2. Woven fabrics of silk or silk waste  [With no refund of ITC accumulation]
From the rates announced so for we can understood that all silk fabrics are taxable including silk sarees manufactured through handloom, which are at present exempted from both VAT and Central Excise. Whatever rates announced are general, however separate Notification may be issued in future to make Silk Sarees made through handloom to exempt.
Handloom product should have been exempted. - Rahul Rai
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial