GST tax to be charged on deposits or advance paid
watch_later 9 months ago
Whether security deposits paid for house rent or machinery or other purpose is to be taxed under GST?
Whether advance paid is considered as consideration and charged tax on it?
Deposits paid for security are not covered under definition of consideration and tax is not to be charged. However advance payments are different from security deposits and are very well covered under the definition of consideration and hence tax will need to be charged.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Negative Input Tax in GSTR 3B
- GST PENALTY & INTEREST
- Unable to set off Late Fee GST Liability
- GST on Hotel Billing
- Out of pocket expenses
- GST RETURN PURPOSE
- Unable to submit GSTR 3B Return
- Eway bill effective date
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return