How to select HS number (HSN) for GST registration?
watch_later 11 months, 2 weeks ago
HS Code concept is a new for people dealing in VAT earlier. How to select HS Code for your product under GST?
HS Coding system is not a new concept. In fact from past 3 decades HSN or HS Code or Harmonized System (HS) is being adopted by numerous countries.
HS codes are categorised based on category of products. For example, all machinery parts will be included under one chapter and full machines under separate chapter.
For GST, you can search the full exhaustive list with description of your product. While checking the products for applicable HS code under GST, you should check:
- Specific description if available,
- Select code from similar listing, example if your sell Pepper there are various codes pepper (dehydrated and non-dehydrated etc.)
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial