Opinion on no physical inspection for GST registration
watch_later 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Physical inspection of premises during registration is not compulsory under GST law.
What is your opinion on it, whether it is a good step by government removing physical inspection?
I don't think physical inspection is removed completely. - GST Payer
In case of doubts physical inspection can be done by officer. But otherwise it is removed. - Pulkit Sharma
But why? Why there should be inspection at all. Most of the people selling goods online can obtain registration from their house. - Rahul Rai
Even in my opinion, it is a very good step. In fact everyone who have paid tax under VAT will support this provision.
Physical inspection was a torture on tax payers. Most of the time as rightly pointed by GST Payer, it was increasing corruption only.
GST law has done a great favor to tax payers and more to the government by removing requirement of physical inspection of business address.
In my opinion it is a very good step by government to remove physical inspection of business place for registration.
The aim of government should be to remove physical interaction between tax payer and department as much as possible. This will not only reduce the corruption but also avoid any delay in registration and other activities.
In most of the cases, the physical inspection is just a formality that is seen as a money making activity by department officers.
In VAT states like Karnataka has physical inspection requirement which delayed the registration by months all together.
Loss to state due to delayed registration is another reason under GST, physical inspection is avoided.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial