Opinion on no physical inspection for GST registration
watch_later 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Physical inspection of premises during registration is not compulsory under GST law.
What is your opinion on it, whether it is a good step by government removing physical inspection?
I don't think physical inspection is removed completely. - GST Payer
In case of doubts physical inspection can be done by officer. But otherwise it is removed. - Pulkit Sharma
But why? Why there should be inspection at all. Most of the people selling goods online can obtain registration from their house. - Rahul Rai
Even in my opinion, it is a very good step. In fact everyone who have paid tax under VAT will support this provision.
Physical inspection was a torture on tax payers. Most of the time as rightly pointed by GST Payer, it was increasing corruption only.
GST law has done a great favor to tax payers and more to the government by removing requirement of physical inspection of business address.
In my opinion it is a very good step by government to remove physical inspection of business place for registration.
The aim of government should be to remove physical interaction between tax payer and department as much as possible. This will not only reduce the corruption but also avoid any delay in registration and other activities.
In most of the cases, the physical inspection is just a formality that is seen as a money making activity by department officers.
In VAT states like Karnataka has physical inspection requirement which delayed the registration by months all together.
Loss to state due to delayed registration is another reason under GST, physical inspection is avoided.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- About GST Return
- composite scheme
- Restaurant bill format without gst no.
- Gst Crack version
- Invoicing under GST
- Gst return for hotel
- catageory of sezing parking yard gst hsn code
- how to enter gst payment detail in sapB!
- About the 0% rate
- GST ON IMPORT OF SERVICE-TOUR PACKAGE SERVICE
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return