Place of Supply of service
watch_later 1 week ago
We are about to raise an invoice to a party who has provided its billing address of Gurgaon and they are registered under GST in Gurgaon only. Whereas the service is to be executed at their Kolkata location and they do not have GST registration in West Bengal. Billing Address will be of Gurgaon and Place service address will be of Kolkata Location then which tax will be charged on the invoice, IGST or CGST and SGST? And whether they will be able to take input tax credit of the same?
Please Note: We are registered under GST in West Bengal only and we do not have registration in Gurgaon.
Hi Chandan, in case of supply of service, place of supply will be the location of supplier.
As per section 12 of IGST Act, place of supply should be the location of person in case of recipient is registered under GST.
If your buyer is registered in Gurgaon then you have to charge IGST regardless of where service is provided.
However, you have not mentioned nature of service, if service is related to an immovable property then you need to charge CGST and SGST since place of supply will be location of immovable property.
The service is not related to immovable property. Thanks - CHANDAN JHA
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Gstr for e-commerce small sellers.
- e way bill
- Payment without receiving Tax Invoice of rent
- GST offline utility
- How to modify form GSTR-1
- E way Bill
- Reimbursement of expenses
- forgot gst user id, password, mail id, mobile number and mail password
- Revision in Filed Gstr3b
- GST council meeting 25 changes recommended
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return
- Invoice uploaded but GSTR 1 not submitted by the Supplier
- Late fee on delay in GST return filing
- Opinion on not taxing petroleum products under GST