Place of Supply of service
watch_later 3 months, 1 week ago
We are about to raise an invoice to a party who has provided its billing address of Gurgaon and they are registered under GST in Gurgaon only. Whereas the service is to be executed at their Kolkata location and they do not have GST registration in West Bengal. Billing Address will be of Gurgaon and Place service address will be of Kolkata Location then which tax will be charged on the invoice, IGST or CGST and SGST? And whether they will be able to take input tax credit of the same?
Please Note: We are registered under GST in West Bengal only and we do not have registration in Gurgaon.
Hi Chandan, in case of supply of service, place of supply will be the location of supplier.
As per section 12 of IGST Act, place of supply should be the location of person in case of recipient is registered under GST.
If your buyer is registered in Gurgaon then you have to charge IGST regardless of where service is provided.
However, you have not mentioned nature of service, if service is related to an immovable property then you need to charge CGST and SGST since place of supply will be location of immovable property.
The service is not related to immovable property. Thanks - CHANDAN JHA
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial