Please Provide with Crystal clarity with regard to: Tuition fees, LIC & PF
watch_later 6 days, 1 hour ago
(Q.1) Tuition Fees
- A child attended school for F.Y 15-16 fees paid by his father in May 2016 then actual payment basis for this section means will this payment with respect to F.y 15-16 will be eligible only in F.Y 16-17 return or we can claim while filling F.Y 15-16 return ?? Does this Tuition fee deduction means payment of F.Y within F.Y
- Tution fees paid by bank as education loan was taken then can assessee claim both 80 C & 80 E or will it mean 80 C not allowed as payment is made by bank?
- IS TUITION FEE ALLOWED FOR HUF TOO I FIND ALL AUTHORS HAVING DIFFERENT VIEWS SOME SAYS YES SOME SAYS NO PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR VIEW?
- LIC deduction on actual payment means the same as referred above?
- LIC premium was earlier paid & claimed by a person for F.Y 16-17 for wife and children in Individual Pan.Now from 17-18 onward he has opened HUF so if payment for the earlier policy if paid from HUF then HUF will be eligible.
- For F.Y 15-16 & 16-17 Lic premium was not paid and then paid together Rs 50000 on 31.3.17 the Entire 50000 allowed in that year or only 25000 that is only of 16-17?
- PPF lock in period is 15 years if deposit were made for 7 years a stretch in PPF account amounting to 7 lakh and then coz of emergency in 8 th year say amount of RS 200000 withdrawn then in 8th year 2 lakh to be shown as income?
- And same doubt is PPF allowed for HUF too.
Else please refer me the deduction allowed only to individual and not to HUF.
THANKS A LOT ADVANCE
Ref Q No (1) (A):- Tuition fees paid during & within FY 15-16 shall be eligible for deduction u/s 80c for FY 15-16 only.
Ref Q No (1) (B):- Tuition fees paid by own or bank is eligible for deduction u/s 80C, However Interest paid on education loan shall be eligible for deduction u/s 80E.
Ref Q No (1) (C): Sec 80C covers Individual & HUF hence it shall be cover individual & HUF
Ref Q no 2 on LIC : As 80C specifically states premium on lIC PAID is Deductible, Hence Payment made during fy against LIC premium is eligible of deduction u/s 80C whether due or not. It means if previous year due LIC premium paid in next fin year is eligible for complete deduction. subject to 1.5 lac limit
You need to be logged in to answer.
- IT exemption for developer under affordable housing project
- IT Filing
- Last date to file ITR for AY 2017-18
- Calculation on income tax under head capital gain
- Doubts, issues and discussion on income tax
- Last date to file income tax return for 2016 and 2017
- Is there any benefit of filing return if my income does not exceed Rs 2,50,000?
- Farmer Loan Waiver
- Documents to have for disclosing Agricuture Income in ITR
- Is it mandatory to give Form 15CA/CB to Banks for foreign transaction
- FAQ on section 80D of Income Tax Act
- Benami property transactions act in simple language
- Cryptocurrencies and Tax - A guide on taxation on Bitcoins in India
- Cash limits and penalties under Income Tax Act
- Late filing fee and penalty on delay in filing Income Tax return
- How to calculate income tax on house rent?
- How to file income tax return for salaried employee using ITR-1
- Tuition fee and child education allowance exemption under section 10 and 80C
- Income Tax calculator and slab rates for FY 2017-18 (AY 2018-19)