Stock quantity records with GSTN government portal
watch_later 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Every tax payer filing the GST returns will need to upload details of each inward and outward supplies with product HSN and quantity.
This implies that at any given point of time the details of stock in hand will be available with government department.
Will this avoid false or undisclosed sales (black or 2 number sales)?
Will it stop the traditional practice of buying and selling bills without movement of goods?
It is evident from the formats provided that government will have stock details with them. However it should be noticed that stock details will be available only up to the point of last return filed and not up to the any given point of time.
However for bigger companies E-way bill will enable government to have near to accurate count of inventory in hand.
Although this will reduce the malpractices of trading in bills but is not full proof.
With time GST will evolve and be able to control such malpractices at larger scale.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Gst rate issue
- TURNOVER FOR COMPOSITION SCHEME
- All about ITC when claimed more or less
- Misconception with regard to GST on RCM basis suspended till March for GTA too.
- Regarding ITC on export of goods
- How should ITC on capital goods be utilise?
- Bank account validated by PFMS
- Exemption list
- Invoicing for claiming local conveyance
- Gst returns for selling only exempted goods
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return