Stock quantity records with GSTN government portal
watch_later 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Every tax payer filing the GST returns will need to upload details of each inward and outward supplies with product HSN and quantity.
This implies that at any given point of time the details of stock in hand will be available with government department.
Will this avoid false or undisclosed sales (black or 2 number sales)?
Will it stop the traditional practice of buying and selling bills without movement of goods?
It is evident from the formats provided that government will have stock details with them. However it should be noticed that stock details will be available only up to the point of last return filed and not up to the any given point of time.
However for bigger companies E-way bill will enable government to have near to accurate count of inventory in hand.
Although this will reduce the malpractices of trading in bills but is not full proof.
With time GST will evolve and be able to control such malpractices at larger scale.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial