Tax rate on railway transportation
watch_later 11 months ago
What is the tax rate on transportation services provided using rail? Whether input tax credit is available?
Please specify tax rate applicable to:
- Transportation of goods,
- Transportation of passengers
Transportation of goods or passenger by rail are taxed at 5% with ITC of input services.
Transportation of goods in a container are taxed at 12% with full ITC.
However following services are exempted from tax:
Service of transportation of passengers, with or without accompanied belongings, by—
- Railways in a class other than—
- First class; or
- An air-conditioned coach;
- Metro, monorail or tramway;
- Inland waterways;
- Public transport, other than predominantly for tourism purpose, in a vessel between places located in India; and
- Metered cabs or auto rickshaws (including E-rickshaws);
Services by way of transportation by rail or a vessel from one place in India to another of the following goods:
- Relief materials meant for victims of natural or man-made disasters, calamities, accidents or mishap;
- Defense or military equipment;
- Newspaper or magazines registered with the Registrar of Newspapers;
- Railway equipment or materials;
- Agricultural produce;
- Milk, salt and food grain including flours, pulses and rice; and
- Organic manure
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Mistake in filing of gst 3B
- GSTR3B Rectification
- GSTr 3b returns
- POST SUPPLY DISCOUNT
- 180 and more then 180
- itc on vehicle repairing exps
- Penalty for late filing of GST returns
- how to deal with GST where the purchase in 18% and sales in 5%
- Missed 1 Purchase bill to claim for ITC
- GST PAYMENT
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial