Turnover below 20 lakh and registered need to charge tax on invoice?
watch_later 1 year, 4 months ago
Whether a person having turnover below 20 lakh should charge tax in invoice? As the limit for registration is 20 lakhs, whether exemption like service tax is available?
The limit of 20 lakhs is for registration and not for liability to pay tax. Liability to pay tax arises when you are liable to registration and supplying taxable goods or services or both.
Once you are registered and supplying taxable goods or services or both, you have to charge tax in invoice regardless of your turnover.
If your turnover is below 20 lakhs you are exempted from registration but as soon as you take the registration you have to charge tax in invoice.
Suppose i have turnover say 15 lakhs as on 31st December 2017. I got registered (New) from 1st January 2018. As per your reply i have to collect GST on every supply irrespective of turnover (as exemption is only for registration). Now my query is whether i have to pay GST out of my pocket for the first 15 lakhs (supplies made before registration) as i would have not collected GST on such supply. - Charan Raj
You do not have to pay on 15 lakhs. - GST Payer
You need to be logged in to answer.
- GSTR 3B
- Payment of GST on reimbursement of ta bills to a service provider when a separate bill is raised for the service given
- API for GSTIN verification
- Excel report for bulk GSTIN Verification
- Gst practitioner exam detailes
- tax reverse
- Sec 44 of Negotiable instruments act - Partial absence or failure of money consideration
- Negotiable instruments Act SEc 43 instruments made with out consideration
- GST Audit
- Tds deduction when seller in dubai
- GST Returns Sahaj and Sugam
- Place of Supply of goods under GST
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra