Turnover below 20 lakh and registered need to charge tax on invoice?
watch_later 11 months ago
Whether a person having turnover below 20 lakh should charge tax in invoice? As the limit for registration is 20 lakhs, whether exemption like service tax is available?
The limit of 20 lakhs is for registration and not for liability to pay tax. Liability to pay tax arises when you are liable to registration and supplying taxable goods or services or both.
Once you are registered and supplying taxable goods or services or both, you have to charge tax in invoice regardless of your turnover.
If your turnover is below 20 lakhs you are exempted from registration but as soon as you take the registration you have to charge tax in invoice.
Suppose i have turnover say 15 lakhs as on 31st December 2017. I got registered (New) from 1st January 2018. As per your reply i have to collect GST on every supply irrespective of turnover (as exemption is only for registration). Now my query is whether i have to pay GST out of my pocket for the first 15 lakhs (supplies made before registration) as i would have not collected GST on such supply. - Charan Raj
You do not have to pay on 15 lakhs. - GST Payer
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial