Turnover below 20 lakh and registered need to charge tax on invoice?
watch_later 9 months ago
Whether a person having turnover below 20 lakh should charge tax in invoice? As the limit for registration is 20 lakhs, whether exemption like service tax is available?
The limit of 20 lakhs is for registration and not for liability to pay tax. Liability to pay tax arises when you are liable to registration and supplying taxable goods or services or both.
Once you are registered and supplying taxable goods or services or both, you have to charge tax in invoice regardless of your turnover.
If your turnover is below 20 lakhs you are exempted from registration but as soon as you take the registration you have to charge tax in invoice.
Suppose i have turnover say 15 lakhs as on 31st December 2017. I got registered (New) from 1st January 2018. As per your reply i have to collect GST on every supply irrespective of turnover (as exemption is only for registration). Now my query is whether i have to pay GST out of my pocket for the first 15 lakhs (supplies made before registration) as i would have not collected GST on such supply. - Charan Raj
You do not have to pay on 15 lakhs. - GST Payer
You need to be logged in to answer.
- About GST Return
- composite scheme
- Restaurant bill format without gst no.
- Gst Crack version
- Invoicing under GST
- Gst return for hotel
- catageory of sezing parking yard gst hsn code
- how to enter gst payment detail in sapB!
- About the 0% rate
- GST ON IMPORT OF SERVICE-TOUR PACKAGE SERVICE
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return