TURNOVER FOR COMPOSITION SCHEME
watch_later 3 months, 4 weeks ago
Do composition dealer need to pay 1% tax on nil (0%) rated supply.
Legal provision -
Reference to section 10 ,CGST Act 2017
Registered persons under GST opting for Composition scheme have to pay tax on "turnover in state" at either of the three tax rates:-
If person is
- a Manufacturer - 1% CGST & 1% SGST
- a hotel ,restaurant etc providing supply of service under para 6 (b) of Schedule II.- 2.5% CGST & 2.5% SGST
- ANY Other - 0.5% CGST & 0.5% SGST.
Note:- Key term to know is the " turnover in state"
Turnover in state includes -
1.all taxable supplies + all exempt supplies (including non taxable supplies) +exports supply + inter - state supply.
Answering your question - Yes , Turnover for Tax in composition scheme will include Nil rated supply
For exempt supply definition
Hope it helps .
Thanks and regards
Prashant (CA Final Student)
https://cleartax.in/s/composition-scheme-under-gst - Manjula Navale
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Sales return from Unregistered dealer
- Total taxable value
- Return Filing
- what shall be gst figure?
- CHANGE MODE IN GST RETURN
- how to change email on pprtal
- Difference between work contract & job work
- CHANGE ITEM INVOICE EDIT
- Either Return period or GSTIN from the cache and payload are different.
- GST on discount sale
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST