TURNOVER FOR COMPOSITION SCHEME
watch_later 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Do composition dealer need to pay 1% tax on nil (0%) rated supply.
Legal provision -
Reference to section 10 ,CGST Act 2017
Registered persons under GST opting for Composition scheme have to pay tax on "turnover in state" at either of the three tax rates:-
If person is
- a Manufacturer - 1% CGST & 1% SGST
- a hotel ,restaurant etc providing supply of service under para 6 (b) of Schedule II.- 2.5% CGST & 2.5% SGST
- ANY Other - 0.5% CGST & 0.5% SGST.
Note:- Key term to know is the " turnover in state"
Turnover in state includes -
1.all taxable supplies + all exempt supplies (including non taxable supplies) +exports supply + inter - state supply.
Answering your question - Yes , Turnover for Tax in composition scheme will include Nil rated supply
For exempt supply definition
Hope it helps .
Thanks and regards
Prashant (CA Final Student)
https://cleartax.in/s/composition-scheme-under-gst - Manjula Navale
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Can a Invoice be cancelled in GST Regime for Services
- Gst 3 B
- GSTr 3b returns
- How to file Gstr-4 for composition scheme?
- GST Mail id
- GST on Hotel room
- Display GST certificate and GSTIN at business place or fine?
- Non filling of Trans 1
- exemption benefit as service tax
- query for credit note under section 34(1) of the CGST Act, 2017
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online