What will be the audit limit under GST?
watch_later 11 months, 3 weeks ago
As I have read the article records and audits under GST. It is still not clear whether audit under GST will be for everyone or any turnover limit is prescribed for compulsory audit under GST?
There has been no official notfication on turnover limit of audit under GST. GST audit by a chartered accountant or cost accountant will be compulsory if turnover exceeds prescribed limit.
However revised return rules issued by government do mention 2 crore as audit limit.
Rule 21(2) of revised return rules prescribed that:
Every registered person whose aggregate turnover during a financial year exceeds one crore rupees shall get his accounts audited as specified under sub-section (5) of section 35 and he shall furnish a copy of audited annual accounts and a reconciliation statement, duly certified, in FORM GSTR-9B, electronically through the Common Portal either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner.
So as of now we can consider the rules to be final and assume that turnover for audit will be more than 2 crore.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial