watch_later 05/04/18

I purchased a flat this year and settled full amount to the builder and completed Form 26QB too. Also this TDS amount is appearing in my 26AS. How to declare this purchase in the ITR? I do not see any provision or section relating to such property purchases. Kindly clarify. 

1 Response | Latest response: 05/04/18 | Sort by Likes(thumb_up) Recent | Income-Tax Reply
watch_later 05/04/18

Purchaser is not required to give details of purchase in ITR. Only seller is required to give details of property sold under 'Capital gain taxes'

However you should disclose all your assets and liabilities in ITR, if your total income in a previous year exceeds Rs 50 Lakh.


Sign up to discuss taxation, accounting and finance topics with experts from all over India.

Join Discussion