GST on hand made jewellary/crafts
watch_later 9 months, 2 weeks ago
My wife is making Handmade Silk thread jewellery, terracotta jewellery, Bead curtains etc.. The raw materials being brought from Raja Market, Bangalore, in small quantity, where they will not give any bills. Customers are relatives, friends and known people. However, we would like to expand the business by listing the items in online market places and also through facebook, and decided to go with billing. Now I would like to know, whether GST is applicable on these products, or do we need to register for GST. What is the threshold limit of maximum annual sales turnover to become accessible under GST.
Going online then you have to register for GST. If you are going with GST registration then first thing have to do is to stop purchasing from unregistered sellers from Raja market as the GST that they paid on their purchase will be pure cost for you.
Thank you sir, a) what will be the rate of GST(or HSN code) for hand made/craft items mentioned above, b) OK If I register for GST, is it compulsory to charge GST for online sales, eventhough the annual sales turnover is less than 20 Lakh. As we are new, still do not no how the sales will be and do we really cross 20 Lakh in the current year. Please help me - Mahadev Prasad
Once registered , GST has to be charged regardless of trunover. - GST Payer
Thank you very much sir - Mahadev Prasad
But, whats the tax bracket which the products will sell ? (5% / 12% / 18% ?) - simarjit singh
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Gst applicable on Local auto and labour back to back
- GTA tax and bill format
- DETAILS OF PRODUCT
- SUB AGENT TO THE TOUR OPERATOR
- GST DOCUMENTS REQUIRED IN CASE IT IS A LLP
- ITC refund
- how to hide item/party name
- GST APPLICABLE OR NOT PAID TO MARKETING ORDER
- How to file return below such situtation
- cmp-03 for regular registration to composition scheme
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST