GST on hand made jewellary/crafts
watch_later 5 months, 1 week ago
My wife is making Handmade Silk thread jewellery, terracotta jewellery, Bead curtains etc.. The raw materials being brought from Raja Market, Bangalore, in small quantity, where they will not give any bills. Customers are relatives, friends and known people. However, we would like to expand the business by listing the items in online market places and also through facebook, and decided to go with billing. Now I would like to know, whether GST is applicable on these products, or do we need to register for GST. What is the threshold limit of maximum annual sales turnover to become accessible under GST.
Going online then you have to register for GST. If you are going with GST registration then first thing have to do is to stop purchasing from unregistered sellers from Raja market as the GST that they paid on their purchase will be pure cost for you.
Thank you sir, a) what will be the rate of GST(or HSN code) for hand made/craft items mentioned above, b) OK If I register for GST, is it compulsory to charge GST for online sales, eventhough the annual sales turnover is less than 20 Lakh. As we are new, still do not no how the sales will be and do we really cross 20 Lakh in the current year. Please help me - Mahadev Prasad
Once registered , GST has to be charged regardless of trunover. - GST Payer
Thank you very much sir - Mahadev Prasad
But, whats the tax bracket which the products will sell ? (5% / 12% / 18% ?) - simarjit singh
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Gstr for e-commerce small sellers.
- e way bill
- Payment without receiving Tax Invoice of rent
- GST offline utility
- How to modify form GSTR-1
- E way Bill
- Reimbursement of expenses
- forgot gst user id, password, mail id, mobile number and mail password
- Revision in Filed Gstr3b
- GST council meeting 25 changes recommended
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return
- Invoice uploaded but GSTR 1 not submitted by the Supplier
- Late fee on delay in GST return filing
- Opinion on not taxing petroleum products under GST