Impact if unregistered under GST
watch_later 1 year, 3 months ago
What will happen if someone does not register under GST or he is conducting business as an unregistered dealer?
Whether he will lose business opportunities and what are the benefits or disadvantages to an unregistered person?
Pulkit has written a wonderful post on dealing with unregistered person under GST. You should read that article to understand the full consequences of not registering under GST.
However to make it clear first you should understand why a person has not registered under GST.
If his turnover has not exceeded 20 lakhs in a year then he not a defaulter under the law, however if turnover has crossed 20 lakhs and he becomes liable for registration then he has to get himself registered.
Few disadvantages to an unregistered person are:
- Registered persons will not trade with unregistered persons due to reverse charging of tax and negative impact on cash flow
- Can not bid for high value deals as most of the companies will require GST number
- Can sustain only in B2C transactions
- Cannot avail input tax credit
You need to be logged in to answer.
- GSTR 3B
- Payment of GST on reimbursement of ta bills to a service provider when a separate bill is raised for the service given
- API for GSTIN verification
- Excel report for bulk GSTIN Verification
- Gst practitioner exam detailes
- tax reverse
- Sec 44 of Negotiable instruments act - Partial absence or failure of money consideration
- Negotiable instruments Act SEc 43 instruments made with out consideration
- GST Audit
- Tds deduction when seller in dubai
- GST Returns Sahaj and Sugam
- Place of Supply of goods under GST
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra