Impact if unregistered under GST
watch_later 9 months ago
What will happen if someone does not register under GST or he is conducting business as an unregistered dealer?
Whether he will lose business opportunities and what are the benefits or disadvantages to an unregistered person?
Pulkit has written a wonderful post on dealing with unregistered person under GST. You should read that article to understand the full consequences of not registering under GST.
However to make it clear first you should understand why a person has not registered under GST.
If his turnover has not exceeded 20 lakhs in a year then he not a defaulter under the law, however if turnover has crossed 20 lakhs and he becomes liable for registration then he has to get himself registered.
Few disadvantages to an unregistered person are:
- Registered persons will not trade with unregistered persons due to reverse charging of tax and negative impact on cash flow
- Can not bid for high value deals as most of the companies will require GST number
- Can sustain only in B2C transactions
- Cannot avail input tax credit
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Gst rate issue
- TURNOVER FOR COMPOSITION SCHEME
- All about ITC when claimed more or less
- Misconception with regard to GST on RCM basis suspended till March for GTA too.
- Regarding ITC on export of goods
- How should ITC on capital goods be utilise?
- Bank account validated by PFMS
- Exemption list
- Invoicing for claiming local conveyance
- Gst returns for selling only exempted goods
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return