Input credit utilized by mistake in previous month
watch_later 5 days, 6 hours ago
We received a Tax Invoice Dated 30.11.2017 and we utilised the input credit in the return for November-2017 itself. But the supplier changed the date to 12.12.2017 and uploaded in his gstr1 for the month of December-2017. The same is the case of another party, tax invoice date is 30.11.2017 but shown in gstr1 for December by changing the date to 01.12.2017
Now how can we rectify this error
You have already availed credit so nothing wrong at your side. You have invoice copy to prove that you did not claim wrong input credit.
However, you cannot do anything now at your side. It is best to preserve copy of invoice with you which you received.
However if you invoices with changed dates, then legally you need to claim input in December GSTR-3B and reverse one which was claimed in November along with interest for one month at 24% PA.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Penalty and late filing fee for GST audit
- GSTR2 File reg.
- LUT APPLICATION FOR SUPPLIER HAVING ZERO RATED SALE
- E way bill for Line Sales door to door
- eway bill printout required?
- CGST & SGST PAID INSTEAD OF IGST
- Input tax credit on RCM
- Sale in transit e way bill issues
- gst registration and return for tax practitioner
- ITC in GSTR3B
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial