PAN number of house owner is compulsory for employees?
watch_later 4 months ago
I work in a company and getting HRA.
I pay around 2.5 lakh rent every year.
Do I have to get PAN number of landlord and give it to company?
What will happen if landlord does not have PAN or he does not provide his PAN number to me?
If you are working in a company and under employment you are getting HRA for more than 1 lakh each year than you have to provide following documents to your employers:
- Rent paid receipts of each month
- For cash payment of rent revenue stamp has to be affixed on rent receipts
- PAN of landlord or a self declaration in case no PAN is available
- Name, address and signature of landlord
It is compulsory to provide PAN number of landlord in case rent amount in a year is more than Rs. 1,00,000.
If landlord does not have PAN than you need to obtain a self declaration from landlord. If he does not give his PAN than same should be notified to company.
Also note that employee has to provide rent receipt if amount of HRA is more than 3000 per month. Those getting HRA less than 3000 are not required to submit proof of rent payments. - GST Payer
If you are in employment and getting HRA more than 3000 per month than you have to submit rent payment proofs otherwise no proofs are required to be submitted.
Since you are getting HRA more than 3000 per month, you have to submit proof of rent payments.
You need to submit rent paid receipts to your employer along with PAN number of landlord.
If landlord does not have PAN then you need to submit a declaration from landlord.
Declaration can be taken on a simple paper stating the fact of no PAN available with him.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- SOFTWARE PURCHASED
- How much penalty for late filing of income tax return?
- How to view form 26AS without registration at TRACES website?
- ITR return in the name of dependents
- How to declare property purchases in ITR?
- How to file it return for 2017-18
- IT benefit for Apartment Maintenance & Property tax for Self-Occupied property
- Non filing of IT return for AY 2017 - 18 before 31.3.18
- IT return for AY 2015-16
- How to file IT return without Aadhaar number?
- Download Advance Tax Calculator in MS Excel
- FAQ on section 80D of Income Tax Act
- Benami property transactions act in simple language
- Cryptocurrencies and Tax - A guide on taxation on Bitcoins in India
- Cash limits and penalties under Income Tax Act
- Late filing fee and penalty on delay in filing Income Tax return
- How to calculate income tax on house rent?
- How to file income tax return for salaried employee using ITR-1
- Tuition fee and child education allowance exemption under section 10 and 80C
- Income Tax calculator and slab rates for FY 2017-18 (AY 2018-19)