Tax Collection at Source implication on E-commerce operators and online sellers
watch_later 1 year, 1 month ago
- Do E-commerce operators need to deduct tax from amount payable to online sellers?
- Do all E-commerce operators have to collect tax at source or is there any threshold limit?
- What are the different provisions governing this requirement?
- How online sellers will be affected or impacted by this?
Yes this is a hot discussion topic among E-retailers. TCS or tax collection at source will make transactions more complicated.
For example, Flipkart will deduct tax and pay to their online sellers. In case of goods returned by buyers, again accounting and reversal of TCS will be complicated.
We have to wait and watch before commenting further on this, but as of now things look little complicated.
Impact on sellers will be dual, first already they have to be careful about their working capital management and secondly TCS will further have impact on capital management.
Now returns needs to be accurately accounted to get back the TCS portion otherwise it will negatively impact their operating margins.
Compared to current position, have you done any analysis as to quantum of hit on working capital management. - Pulkit Sharma
You need to be logged in to answer.
- About GST Return
- composite scheme
- Restaurant bill format without gst no.
- Gst Crack version
- Invoicing under GST
- Gst return for hotel
- catageory of sezing parking yard gst hsn code
- how to enter gst payment detail in sapB!
- About the 0% rate
- GST ON IMPORT OF SERVICE-TOUR PACKAGE SERVICE
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return