Tax Collection at Source implication on E-commerce operators and online sellers
watch_later 1 year, 9 months ago
- Do E-commerce operators need to deduct tax from amount payable to online sellers?
- Do all E-commerce operators have to collect tax at source or is there any threshold limit?
- What are the different provisions governing this requirement?
- How online sellers will be affected or impacted by this?
Yes this is a hot discussion topic among E-retailers. TCS or tax collection at source will make transactions more complicated.
For example, Flipkart will deduct tax and pay to their online sellers. In case of goods returned by buyers, again accounting and reversal of TCS will be complicated.
We have to wait and watch before commenting further on this, but as of now things look little complicated.
Impact on sellers will be dual, first already they have to be careful about their working capital management and secondly TCS will further have impact on capital management.
Now returns needs to be accurately accounted to get back the TCS portion otherwise it will negatively impact their operating margins.
Compared to current position, have you done any analysis as to quantum of hit on working capital management. - Pulkit Sharma
You need to be logged in to answer.
- GSTR 3B
- Payment of GST on reimbursement of ta bills to a service provider when a separate bill is raised for the service given
- API for GSTIN verification
- Excel report for bulk GSTIN Verification
- Gst practitioner exam detailes
- tax reverse
- Sec 44 of Negotiable instruments act - Partial absence or failure of money consideration
- Negotiable instruments Act SEc 43 instruments made with out consideration
- GST Audit
- Tds deduction when seller in dubai
- GST Returns Sahaj and Sugam
- Place of Supply of goods under GST
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra