What is the last day to register or migrate under GST?
watch_later 1 year ago
We have seen big confusion on this topic. Existing tax payers are being forced to migrate to GST by getting provision login Id and Password.
Departments are behind tax payers to migrate and are blocking their access to vat portals if not migrated. It is being speculated that 31 March 2017 is the last date.
Is it true? How can there be a last date to migrate when there is no law to govern this?
Basically this pressure is created by tax department to get good name for their department. There is no last date as of now.
How can you fix last date when there is no law notified yet. GST drafts are still not made public (Latest), when department officers are not sure how GST will look, it is really a bad thing to block access of existing tax payers if migration is not done.
I will suggest you to migrate so that you will have smooth transitional period once GST is implemented and notified. But yes, there is no last date without GST law.
Rightly said but its really sad that vat departments are blocking access, in Karnataka many dealers are not able to login to their VAT account due to this. - GST Payer
This is to pressurize dealers to migrate at faster pace so that future troubles can be avoided. - Pulkit Sharma
But is it valid from law point? How can someone block your access when there is no compulsion put by a law which is yet to be notified? - Pulkit Sharma
Date is extended upto April 2017. Believe me they will keep extending till August 2017. I do not see GST coming before september. - GST Payer
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Mistake in filing of gst 3B
- GSTR3B Rectification
- GSTr 3b returns
- POST SUPPLY DISCOUNT
- 180 and more then 180
- itc on vehicle repairing exps
- Penalty for late filing of GST returns
- how to deal with GST where the purchase in 18% and sales in 5%
- Missed 1 Purchase bill to claim for ITC
- GST PAYMENT
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- Fraud under GST
- How to apply Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
- Best free billing software in India
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial