Cost analysis for small traders under composition levy scheme and normal tax levy
Whether to go for composition levy or normal levy is the main question asked by small clients.
I got a call from a client who deals in materials falling under tax rate of 28%, his question was whether he should opt for composition levy or normal levy.
He presented following numbers to calculate the impact on final price that he will be charging to his customers. His customers are not registered and all outward supplies will be made to end consumers.
He will not even deal in interstate outward supplies.
|Cost of Inward supply||100|
|Tax on inward supply||28|
|Tax on transport||1.5|
|Total cost with tax||159.5|
|Total cost without tax||130|
Now the question is whether he should opt for composition levy or normal tax levy.
There are different advantages and disadvantages of composition levy.
But, here we discussed only numbers since most of the disadvantages were in his favor.
He wants to keep his margin of 10 Rs.
Now lets us analyse the final selling price under composition levy and normal levy.
Selling price in case of normal scheme
|Cost of inward supply||130|
|Total value of supply||140|
|Final selling price||179.2|
Selling price in case of composition levy
|Cost of inward supply||159.5|
|Total value of supply||169.5|
|Final selling price||171.2|
Even if we consider his margin at 10 the max selling price can go up to 172 under composition scheme.
With composition scheme your compliance requirements such as return filing, will be significantly low. As a composition dealer you will be filing only a single return quarterly instead of monthly 3 returns.
For small traders who wants to have a benefit of pricing over the bigger traders should opt for composition levy.
The client has agreed to go with composition levy and has further made his life easy by using billing software for bill of supply.
No comments yet, be first to comment.
You need to be logged in to comment.
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- can you please let me know the detail meaning of the parameters (response of gstin varification api)
- gst practioner
- 1.5 crore penalty on GATI for Eway bill issue
- how to find gst number
- Fake machine sailing
- Itc on capital goods
- gst number
- We do computer service very rarely, but customers asking for GST Bill
- Refund under Inverted Duty Structure for Job Worker
- refund of itc on pre-export sales
BUY DSC FOR MCA, IT AND GST
Experience KnowyourGST services. Apply for DSC and get it on same day. We promise fastest delivery of your DSC.
Whatsapp - 73386 33003
Telegram - @knowyourgst
Contact us on Whatsapp and Telegram number 7338633003 for quick reply.