Notification No. 37 /2017 – Central Tax export with LUT without payment of GST
[To be published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i)]
Government of India Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue )
[Central Board of Excise and Customs]
Notification No. 37 /2017 – Central Tax
New Delhi, the 4th October, 2017
G.S.R....(E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 54 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, and section 20 of the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, sub-rule (5) of rule 96A of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, and in supersession of notification No. 16/2017- Central Tax, dated the 7th July, 2017, published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i), vide number G.S.R. 848 (E), dated the 7th July, 2017 except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Board of Excise and Customs hereby specifies conditions and safeguards for furnishing a Letter of Undertaking in place of a Bond by a registered person who intends to supply goods or services for export without payment of integrated tax -
- all registered persons who intend to supply goods or services for export without payment of integrated tax shall be eligible to furnish a Letter of Undertaking in place of a bond except those who have been prosecuted for any offence under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017) or the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (13 of 2017) or any of the existing laws in force in a case where the amount of tax evaded exceeds two hundred and fifty lakh rupees;
- the Letter of Undertaking shall be furnished on the letter head of the registered person, in duplicate, for a financial year in the annexure to FORM GST RFD – 11 referred to in sub-rule (1) of rule 96A of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 and it shall be executed by the working partner, the Managing Director or the Company Secretary or the proprietor or by a person duly authorised by such working partner or Board of Directors of such company or proprietor;
- where the registered person fails to pay the tax due along with interest, as specified under sub-rule (1) of rule 96A of Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, within the period mentioned in clause (a) or clause (b) of the said sub-rule, the facility of export without payment of integrated tax will be deemed to have been withdrawn and if the amount mentioned in the said sub-rule is paid, the facility of export without payment of integrated tax shall be restored.
2. The provisions of this notification shall mutatis mutandis apply in respect of zero-rated supply of goods or services or both made by a registered person (including a Special Economic Zone developer or Special Economic Zone unit) to a Special Economic Zone developer or Special Economic Zone unit without payment of integrated tax.
[F. No. 349/74/2017-GST (Pt.) Vol.-II]
(Rohan) Under Secretary to the Government of India
Now a person registered under GST regardless of earlier stipulated turnover and other requirements can export goods or services or both out of India or to SEZ or to an EOU without payment of GST.
Exports can be made with help of LUT.
This is a big relief to GST tax payers as lot of funds were stuck in refund procedures and exports were hampered due to GST compliance and documentations.
No comments yet, be first to comment.
You need to be logged in to comment.
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra
- Documents required for GST registration
- Frauds possible under GST?
- can you please let me know the detail meaning of the parameters (response of gstin varification api)
- gst practioner
- 1.5 crore penalty on GATI for Eway bill issue
- how to find gst number
- Fake machine sailing
- Itc on capital goods
- gst number
- We do computer service very rarely, but customers asking for GST Bill
- Refund under Inverted Duty Structure for Job Worker
- refund of itc on pre-export sales
BUY DSC FOR MCA, IT AND GST
Experience KnowyourGST services. Apply for DSC and get it on same day. We promise fastest delivery of your DSC.
Whatsapp - 73386 33003
Telegram - @knowyourgst
Contact us on Whatsapp and Telegram number 7338633003 for quick reply.