Section SCHEDULE II of Employees Provident Funds And Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
MATTERS FOR WHICH PROVISION MAY BE MADE IN A SCHEME
1. The employees or class of employees who shall join the Fund, and the conditions under which employees may be exempted from joining the Fund or from making any contribution.
2. The time and manner in which contributions shall be made to the Fund by employers and by, or on behalf of employees [(whether employed by him directly or by or through a contractor)], the contributions which an employee may, if he so desires, make under [***] section 6 and the manner in which such contributions may be recovered.
[2A. The manner in which employees' contributions may be recovered by contractors from employees employed by or through such contractors.]
3. The payment by the employer of such sums of money as may be necessary to meet the cost of administering the Fund and the rate at which and the manner in which the payment shall be made.
[4. The constitution of any committee for assisting any Board of Trustees.
5. The opening of regional and other offices of any Board of Trustees.]
6. The manner in which accounts shall be kept, the investment of moneys belonging to the Fund in accordance with any directions issued or conditions specified by the Central Government, the preparation of the budget, the audit of accounts and the submission of reports to the Central Government or to any specified State Government.
7. The conditions under which withdrawals from the Fund may be permitted and any deduction or forfeiture may be made and the maximum amount of such deduction or forfeiture.
8. The fixation by the Central Government in consultation with the boards of trustees concerned of the rate of interest payable to members.
9. The form in which an employee shall furnish particulars about himself and his family whenever required.
10. The nomination of a person to receive the amount standing to the credit of a member after his death and the cancellation or variation of such nomination.
11. The registers and records to be maintained with respect to employees and the returns to be furnished by employers [or contractors],
12. The form or design of any identity card, token or disc for the purpose of identifying any employee, and for the issue, custody and replacement thereof.
13. The fees to be levied for any of the purposes specified in this Schedule.
14. The contraventions or defaults which shall be punishable under sub-section (2) of section 14.
15. The further powers, if any, which may be exercised by Inspector.
16. The manner in which accumulations in any existing provident fund shall be transferred to the Fund under section 15, and the mode of valuation of any assets which may be transferred by the employers in this behalf.
17. The conditions under which a member may be permitted to pay premia on life insurance from the Fund.
18. Any other matter [which is to be provided for in the scheme or] which may be necessary or proper for the purpose of implementing the Scheme.
Analysis by ExpertsNo explanations yet!!! Please, Login to provide explanation for this section.
Never File Wrong GSTR-1
Check your GST numbers in bulk. Check unlimited GST numbers with very cheap packages.
- Section 1 Short title, extent and application
- Section 2 Definitions
- Section 2A [Establishment to include all departments and branches.
- Section 3 [Power to apply Act to an establishment which has a common provident fund with another establishment
- Section 4 Power to add to Schedule I.
- Section 5 Employees' Provident Fund Schemes
- Section 5A [Central Board.
- Section 5AA [Executive Committee.
- Section 5B [State Board.
- Section 5C Board of Trustees to be body corporate.
- Section 5D Appointment of officers.
- Section 5DD 50 [Acts and proceedings of the Central Board or its Executive Committee or the State Board not to be invalidated on certain grounds.
- Section 5E [Delegation.
- Section 6 Contributions and matters which may be provided for in Schemes.
- Section 6A Employees Pension Scheme
- Section 6B Employees Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme.
- Section 6C Laying of schemes before Parliament.
- Section 7 Modification of Scheme.
- Section 7A [Determination of moneys due from employers.
- Section 7B [Review of orders passed under section 7A.
- Section 7C Determination of escaped amount.
- Section 7D 1[Tribunal.
- Section 7E
- Section 7F
- Section 7G
- Section 7H
- Section 7I Appeals to Tribunal.
- Section 7J Procedure of Tribunals.
- Section 7K Right of appellant to take assistance of legal practitioner and of Government, etc. to appoint presenting officers.
- Section 7L Orders of Tribunal
- Section 7M
- Section 7N
- Section 7O Deposit of amount due, on filing appeal.
- Section 7P Transfer of certain applications to Tribunals.
- Section 7Q Interest payable by the employer
- Section 8 Mode of recovery of moneys due from employers.
- Section 8A [Recovery of monies by employers and contractors.
- Section 8 B [Issue of certificate to the Recovery Officer.
- Section 8 C Recovery Officer to whom certificate is to be forwarded.
- Section 8 D Validity of certificate and amendment thereof.
- Section 8 E Stay of proceedings under certificate and amendment or withdrawal thereof.
- Section 8 F Other modes of recovery.
- Section 8 G Application of certain provisions of Income-tax Act.
- Section 9 Fund to be recognised under Act XI of 1922.
- Section 10 Protection against attachment.
- Section 11 Priority of payment of contributions over other debts.
- Section 12 3 [Employer not to reduce wages, etc.
- Section 13 Inspectors.
- Section 14 Penalties.
- Section 14A [Offences by companies.
- Section 14 AA Enhanced punishment in certain cases after previous conviction.
- Section 14AB Certain offences to be cognizable.
- Section 14 AC Cognizance and trial of offences.
- Section 14B [Power to recover damages.
- Section 14 C Power of court to make orders.
- Section 15 Special provisions relating to existing provident funds.
- Section 16 Act not to apply to certain 54a [establishments].
- Section 16A [Authorising certain employers to maintain provident fund accounts.
- Section 17 [Power to exempt.
- Section 17A Transfer of accounts.
- Section 17AA [Act to have effect notwithstanding anything contained in Act 31 of 1956.
- Section 17B [Liability in case of transfer of establishment.
- Section 18 [Protection of action taken in good faith.
- Section 18A Authorities and inspector to be public servant.
- Section 19 [Delegation of powers.
- Section 20 [Power of Central Government to give directions.
- Section 21 Power to make rules.
- Section 22 Power to remove difficulties.
- Section SCHEDULE I
- Section SCHEDULE II
- Section SCHEDULE III
- Section SCHEDULE IV