Section SCHEDULE III of Employees Provident Funds And Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
MATTERS FOR WHICH PROVISION MAY BE MADE IN THE PENSION SCHEME
1. The employees or class of employees to whom the Pension Scheme shall apply.
2. The time within which the employees who are not members of the Family Pension Scheme under section 6A as it stood before the commencement of the Employees' Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) Act, 1996 (hereafter in this Schedule referred to as the amending Act) shall opt for the Pension Scheme.
3. The portion of employers' contribution to the Provident Fund which shall be credited to the Pension Fund and the manner in which it is credited.
4. The minimum qualifying service for being eligible for pension and the manner in which the employees may be granted the benefits of their past service under section 6A as it stood before the commencement of the amending Act.
5. The regulation of the manner in which and the period of service for which no contribution is received.
6. The manner in which employees' interest will be protected against default in payment of contribution by the employer.
7. The manner in which the accounts of the pension fund shall be kept and investment of moneys belonging to pension fund to be made subject to such pattern of investment as may be determined by the Central Government.
8. The form in which an employee shall furnish particulars about himself and the members of his family whenever required.
9. The forms, registers and records to be maintained in respect of employees, required for the administration of the Pension Scheme.
10. The scale of pension and pensionary benefits and the conditions relating to grant of such benefits to the employees.
11. The manner in which the exempted establishments have to pay contribution towards the Pension Scheme and the submission of returns relating thereto.
12. The mode of disbursement of pension and arrangements to be entered into with such disbursing agencies as may be specified for the purpose.
13. The manner in which the expenses for administrating the Pension Scheme will be met from the income of the Pension Fund.
14. Any other matter which is to be provided for in the Pension Scheme or which may be necessary or proper for the purpose of implementation of the Pension Scheme.]
Analysis by ExpertsNo explanations yet!!! Please, Login to provide explanation for this section.
Never File Wrong GSTR-1
Check your GST numbers in bulk. Check unlimited GST numbers with very cheap packages.
- Section 1 Short title, extent and application
- Section 2 Definitions
- Section 2A [Establishment to include all departments and branches.
- Section 3 [Power to apply Act to an establishment which has a common provident fund with another establishment
- Section 4 Power to add to Schedule I.
- Section 5 Employees' Provident Fund Schemes
- Section 5A [Central Board.
- Section 5AA [Executive Committee.
- Section 5B [State Board.
- Section 5C Board of Trustees to be body corporate.
- Section 5D Appointment of officers.
- Section 5DD 50 [Acts and proceedings of the Central Board or its Executive Committee or the State Board not to be invalidated on certain grounds.
- Section 5E [Delegation.
- Section 6 Contributions and matters which may be provided for in Schemes.
- Section 6A Employees Pension Scheme
- Section 6B Employees Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme.
- Section 6C Laying of schemes before Parliament.
- Section 7 Modification of Scheme.
- Section 7A [Determination of moneys due from employers.
- Section 7B [Review of orders passed under section 7A.
- Section 7C Determination of escaped amount.
- Section 7D 1[Tribunal.
- Section 7E
- Section 7F
- Section 7G
- Section 7H
- Section 7I Appeals to Tribunal.
- Section 7J Procedure of Tribunals.
- Section 7K Right of appellant to take assistance of legal practitioner and of Government, etc. to appoint presenting officers.
- Section 7L Orders of Tribunal
- Section 7M
- Section 7N
- Section 7O Deposit of amount due, on filing appeal.
- Section 7P Transfer of certain applications to Tribunals.
- Section 7Q Interest payable by the employer
- Section 8 Mode of recovery of moneys due from employers.
- Section 8A [Recovery of monies by employers and contractors.
- Section 8 B [Issue of certificate to the Recovery Officer.
- Section 8 C Recovery Officer to whom certificate is to be forwarded.
- Section 8 D Validity of certificate and amendment thereof.
- Section 8 E Stay of proceedings under certificate and amendment or withdrawal thereof.
- Section 8 F Other modes of recovery.
- Section 8 G Application of certain provisions of Income-tax Act.
- Section 9 Fund to be recognised under Act XI of 1922.
- Section 10 Protection against attachment.
- Section 11 Priority of payment of contributions over other debts.
- Section 12 3 [Employer not to reduce wages, etc.
- Section 13 Inspectors.
- Section 14 Penalties.
- Section 14A [Offences by companies.
- Section 14 AA Enhanced punishment in certain cases after previous conviction.
- Section 14AB Certain offences to be cognizable.
- Section 14 AC Cognizance and trial of offences.
- Section 14B [Power to recover damages.
- Section 14 C Power of court to make orders.
- Section 15 Special provisions relating to existing provident funds.
- Section 16 Act not to apply to certain 54a [establishments].
- Section 16A [Authorising certain employers to maintain provident fund accounts.
- Section 17 [Power to exempt.
- Section 17A Transfer of accounts.
- Section 17AA [Act to have effect notwithstanding anything contained in Act 31 of 1956.
- Section 17B [Liability in case of transfer of establishment.
- Section 18 [Protection of action taken in good faith.
- Section 18A Authorities and inspector to be public servant.
- Section 19 [Delegation of powers.
- Section 20 [Power of Central Government to give directions.
- Section 21 Power to make rules.
- Section 22 Power to remove difficulties.
- Section SCHEDULE I
- Section SCHEDULE II
- Section SCHEDULE III
- Section SCHEDULE IV