Section 19 [Delegation of powers. of Employees Provident Funds And Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
[Delegation of powers.
19. The appropriate Government may direct that any power or authority or jurisdiction exercisable by it under this Act [, the Scheme, [the [* * *] Pension Scheme or the Insurance Scheme] shall, in relation to such matters and subject to such conditions, if any, as may be specified in the direction, be exercisable also—
(a) where the appropriate Government is the Central Government, by such officer or authority subordinate to the Central Government or by the State Government or by such officer or authority subordinate to the State Government, as may be specified in the notification; and
(b) where the appropriate Government is a State Government, by such officer or authority subordinate to the State Government as may be specified in the notification.]
Analysis by ExpertsNo explanations yet!!! Please, Login to provide explanation for this section.
Never File Wrong GSTR-1
Check your GST numbers in bulk. Check unlimited GST numbers with very cheap packages.
- Section 1 Short title, extent and application
- Section 2 Definitions
- Section 2A [Establishment to include all departments and branches.
- Section 3 [Power to apply Act to an establishment which has a common provident fund with another establishment
- Section 4 Power to add to Schedule I.
- Section 5 Employees' Provident Fund Schemes
- Section 5A [Central Board.
- Section 5AA [Executive Committee.
- Section 5B [State Board.
- Section 5C Board of Trustees to be body corporate.
- Section 5D Appointment of officers.
- Section 5DD 50 [Acts and proceedings of the Central Board or its Executive Committee or the State Board not to be invalidated on certain grounds.
- Section 5E [Delegation.
- Section 6 Contributions and matters which may be provided for in Schemes.
- Section 6A Employees Pension Scheme
- Section 6B Employees Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme.
- Section 6C Laying of schemes before Parliament.
- Section 7 Modification of Scheme.
- Section 7A [Determination of moneys due from employers.
- Section 7B [Review of orders passed under section 7A.
- Section 7C Determination of escaped amount.
- Section 7D 1[Tribunal.
- Section 7E
- Section 7F
- Section 7G
- Section 7H
- Section 7I Appeals to Tribunal.
- Section 7J Procedure of Tribunals.
- Section 7K Right of appellant to take assistance of legal practitioner and of Government, etc. to appoint presenting officers.
- Section 7L Orders of Tribunal
- Section 7M
- Section 7N
- Section 7O Deposit of amount due, on filing appeal.
- Section 7P Transfer of certain applications to Tribunals.
- Section 7Q Interest payable by the employer
- Section 8 Mode of recovery of moneys due from employers.
- Section 8A [Recovery of monies by employers and contractors.
- Section 8 B [Issue of certificate to the Recovery Officer.
- Section 8 C Recovery Officer to whom certificate is to be forwarded.
- Section 8 D Validity of certificate and amendment thereof.
- Section 8 E Stay of proceedings under certificate and amendment or withdrawal thereof.
- Section 8 F Other modes of recovery.
- Section 8 G Application of certain provisions of Income-tax Act.
- Section 9 Fund to be recognised under Act XI of 1922.
- Section 10 Protection against attachment.
- Section 11 Priority of payment of contributions over other debts.
- Section 12 3 [Employer not to reduce wages, etc.
- Section 13 Inspectors.
- Section 14 Penalties.
- Section 14A [Offences by companies.
- Section 14 AA Enhanced punishment in certain cases after previous conviction.
- Section 14AB Certain offences to be cognizable.
- Section 14 AC Cognizance and trial of offences.
- Section 14B [Power to recover damages.
- Section 14 C Power of court to make orders.
- Section 15 Special provisions relating to existing provident funds.
- Section 16 Act not to apply to certain 54a [establishments].
- Section 16A [Authorising certain employers to maintain provident fund accounts.
- Section 17 [Power to exempt.
- Section 17A Transfer of accounts.
- Section 17AA [Act to have effect notwithstanding anything contained in Act 31 of 1956.
- Section 17B [Liability in case of transfer of establishment.
- Section 18 [Protection of action taken in good faith.
- Section 18A Authorities and inspector to be public servant.
- Section 19 [Delegation of powers.
- Section 20 [Power of Central Government to give directions.
- Section 21 Power to make rules.
- Section 22 Power to remove difficulties.
- Section SCHEDULE I
- Section SCHEDULE II
- Section SCHEDULE III
- Section SCHEDULE IV