Section 6 Contributions and matters which may be provided for in Schemes. of Employees Provident Funds And Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
Contributions and matters which may be provided for in Schemes.
6. [***] The contribution which shall be paid by the employer to the Fund shall be [ [ten]per cent] of the basic wages, [dearness allowance and retaining allowance (if any)] for the time being payable to each of the employees, [(whether employed by him directly or by or through a contractor)] and the employees' contribution shall be equal to the contribution payable by the employer in respect of him and may [if any employee so desires, be an amount exceeding [ten] per cent of his basic wages, dearness allowance and retaining allowance (if any), subject to the condition that the employer shall not be under an obligation to pay any contribution over and above his contribution payable under this section:]
[Provided that in its application to any establishment or class of establishments which the Central Government, after making such inquiry as it deems fit, may, by notification in the Official Gazette specify, this section shall be subject to the modification that for the words " [ten] per cent", at both the places where they occur, the words " [twelve] per cent" shall be substituted :]
[Provided further that] where the amount of any contribution payable under this Act involves a fraction of a rupee, the Scheme may provide for the rounding off of such fraction to the nearest rupee, half of a rupee or quarter of a rupee.
[Explanation 1] : For the purposes of this [section], dearness allowance shall be deemed to include also the cash value of any food concession allowed to the employee.
[Explanation 2: For the purposes of this [section], "retaining allowance" means an allowance payable for the time being to an employee of any factory or other establishment during any period in which the establishment is not working, for retaining his services.]
(2) and (3) [***]
Analysis by ExpertsNo explanations yet!!! Please, Login to provide explanation for this section.
Never File Wrong GSTR-1
Check your GST numbers in bulk. Check unlimited GST numbers with very cheap packages.
- Section 1 Short title, extent and application
- Section 2 Definitions
- Section 2A [Establishment to include all departments and branches.
- Section 3 [Power to apply Act to an establishment which has a common provident fund with another establishment
- Section 4 Power to add to Schedule I.
- Section 5 Employees' Provident Fund Schemes
- Section 5A [Central Board.
- Section 5AA [Executive Committee.
- Section 5B [State Board.
- Section 5C Board of Trustees to be body corporate.
- Section 5D Appointment of officers.
- Section 5DD 50 [Acts and proceedings of the Central Board or its Executive Committee or the State Board not to be invalidated on certain grounds.
- Section 5E [Delegation.
- Section 6 Contributions and matters which may be provided for in Schemes.
- Section 6A Employees Pension Scheme
- Section 6B Employees Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme.
- Section 6C Laying of schemes before Parliament.
- Section 7 Modification of Scheme.
- Section 7A [Determination of moneys due from employers.
- Section 7B [Review of orders passed under section 7A.
- Section 7C Determination of escaped amount.
- Section 7D 1[Tribunal.
- Section 7E
- Section 7F
- Section 7G
- Section 7H
- Section 7I Appeals to Tribunal.
- Section 7J Procedure of Tribunals.
- Section 7K Right of appellant to take assistance of legal practitioner and of Government, etc. to appoint presenting officers.
- Section 7L Orders of Tribunal
- Section 7M
- Section 7N
- Section 7O Deposit of amount due, on filing appeal.
- Section 7P Transfer of certain applications to Tribunals.
- Section 7Q Interest payable by the employer
- Section 8 Mode of recovery of moneys due from employers.
- Section 8A [Recovery of monies by employers and contractors.
- Section 8 B [Issue of certificate to the Recovery Officer.
- Section 8 C Recovery Officer to whom certificate is to be forwarded.
- Section 8 D Validity of certificate and amendment thereof.
- Section 8 E Stay of proceedings under certificate and amendment or withdrawal thereof.
- Section 8 F Other modes of recovery.
- Section 8 G Application of certain provisions of Income-tax Act.
- Section 9 Fund to be recognised under Act XI of 1922.
- Section 10 Protection against attachment.
- Section 11 Priority of payment of contributions over other debts.
- Section 12 3 [Employer not to reduce wages, etc.
- Section 13 Inspectors.
- Section 14 Penalties.
- Section 14A [Offences by companies.
- Section 14 AA Enhanced punishment in certain cases after previous conviction.
- Section 14AB Certain offences to be cognizable.
- Section 14 AC Cognizance and trial of offences.
- Section 14B [Power to recover damages.
- Section 14 C Power of court to make orders.
- Section 15 Special provisions relating to existing provident funds.
- Section 16 Act not to apply to certain 54a [establishments].
- Section 16A [Authorising certain employers to maintain provident fund accounts.
- Section 17 [Power to exempt.
- Section 17A Transfer of accounts.
- Section 17AA [Act to have effect notwithstanding anything contained in Act 31 of 1956.
- Section 17B [Liability in case of transfer of establishment.
- Section 18 [Protection of action taken in good faith.
- Section 18A Authorities and inspector to be public servant.
- Section 19 [Delegation of powers.
- Section 20 [Power of Central Government to give directions.
- Section 21 Power to make rules.
- Section 22 Power to remove difficulties.
- Section SCHEDULE I
- Section SCHEDULE II
- Section SCHEDULE III
- Section SCHEDULE IV