watch_later 17/01/18


Kindly confirm when both the supplier & recipient are registered, who has the authority to generate E-way bill before movement of goods to the recipient state.....?

1 Response | Latest response: 18/01/18 | Sort by Likes(thumb_up) Recent | GST Reply
watch_later 18/01/18

There are 3 cases :

1. When goods are transported by a registered person, either acting as a consignee or consignor in his own vehicle, hired vehicle, railways, by air or by vessel, the supplier or recipient of the goods should generate the E-Way Bill.

2. When the goods are handed over to a transporter, the E-Way Bill should be generated by the transporter. In this case, the registered person should declare the details of the goods in a common portal.

3. In case of inward supplies from an unregistered person, either the recipient of supply or the transporter should generate the E-Way Bill.


Sign up to discuss taxation, accounting and finance topics with experts from all over India.

Join Discussion