GST and E-commerce sector-good or bad?
watch_later 1 year, 6 months ago
GST will be good or bad for E-commerce sector?
At first it looks good, since E-commerce companies will be exempt of different tax rules in different states. But some provisions like TCS on payment to sellers looks bad.
Overall, what you think?
Law is not yet finalised but believe its going to be good. Atleast they don't have to fight at every check post or at every state tax department. But again dual control in administration is something industry is worried about. - Pulkit Sharma
Why are we not answering questions :) Commenting feels good without fear of downvoting. - GST Payer
Well in my opinion E-Commerce players are going to be biggest gainer of GST. I must come up with an article to validate my opinion, writing it wil soon post. - GST Payer
E-Commerce players are going to be beneficiery from GST Law. Reasons for my claiming so are:
- They will be free of various forms such as C-Form, E1 and E2
- They will be able to sell their products all over India at same rates
- Registration will be easy under GST for online sellers, thus number of sellers will increase on these platforms
- Unorganized sector will be controlled and thus a big boost to organized E-sellers
- They will not have to open check their goods at state check post since concept of check post may go away
- Harmonized rates and products
These were some of benefits, however in the beginning they may face cash crunch along with their sellers, due to higher rate of tax and TCS concept.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Excel report for bulk GSTIN Verification
- Gst practitioner exam detailes
- tax reverse
- Sec 44 of Negotiable instruments act - Partial absence or failure of money consideration
- Negotiable instruments Act SEc 43 instruments made with out consideration
- GST Audit
- Tds deduction when seller in dubai
- Query Relating to Composite Bill
- Refund on Inverted Tax system
- GST Returns Sahaj and Sugam
- Place of Supply of goods under GST
- GST Eway bill Compile error in Hidden module sheet 3 and date format error solved
- API for getting GSTIN Details, Validate GST number
- GSP and ASP model of GSTN is injustice with startups and small businesses
- GST helpline customer care and contact number
- E-way bill in case of Bill to Ship to transactions
- Basic E-way rules and FAQ
- What is GST?
- GST Suvidha Kendra