GST and E-commerce sector-good or bad?
watch_later 11 months, 3 weeks ago
GST will be good or bad for E-commerce sector?
At first it looks good, since E-commerce companies will be exempt of different tax rules in different states. But some provisions like TCS on payment to sellers looks bad.
Overall, what you think?
Law is not yet finalised but believe its going to be good. Atleast they don't have to fight at every check post or at every state tax department. But again dual control in administration is something industry is worried about. - Pulkit Sharma
Why are we not answering questions :) Commenting feels good without fear of downvoting. - GST Payer
Well in my opinion E-Commerce players are going to be biggest gainer of GST. I must come up with an article to validate my opinion, writing it wil soon post. - GST Payer
E-Commerce players are going to be beneficiery from GST Law. Reasons for my claiming so are:
- They will be free of various forms such as C-Form, E1 and E2
- They will be able to sell their products all over India at same rates
- Registration will be easy under GST for online sellers, thus number of sellers will increase on these platforms
- Unorganized sector will be controlled and thus a big boost to organized E-sellers
- They will not have to open check their goods at state check post since concept of check post may go away
- Harmonized rates and products
These were some of benefits, however in the beginning they may face cash crunch along with their sellers, due to higher rate of tax and TCS concept.
You need to be logged in to answer.
- Negative Input Tax in GSTR 3B
- GST PENALTY & INTEREST
- Unable to set off Late Fee GST Liability
- GST on Hotel Billing
- Out of pocket expenses
- GST RETURN PURPOSE
- Unable to submit GSTR 3B Return
- Eway bill effective date
- How to apply for transporter ID by a transporter under GST?
- WHAT IS AN E-WAY BILL UNDER GST AND HOW TO GENERATE AN E WAY BILL - Video tutorial
- GST Registration Online
- Filling offline GSTR1 is a nightmare
- Input Tax Credit in GST - Checklist
- Learn and understand E-way Bill rules and applicability under GST
- ITC-04 for manufacturers to file details of inputs and capital goods sent and received for Job Work
- GST return status changed from filed to submitted and had to pay late filing fee
- GST Services - Payment Create Challan - Mobile Number is invalid error
- GSTR 3B - Save GSTR 3B error for July 2017 return