Section 2 Definitions. of Public Provident Fund Act (PPF), 1968
2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) "Fund" means the Public Provident Fund established under the Scheme;
(b) "minor" means a person who is not deemed to have attained majority under the Indian Majority Act, 1875 (9 of 1875);
(c) "Scheme" means the Public Provident Fund Scheme framed under sub-section (1) of section 3;
(d) "subscriber" means an individual who makes subscription to the Fund under section 4 and where such subscription is made by an individual on behalf of a minor, of whom he is the guardian, such minor;
(e) "year" means the financial year.
Analysis by ExpertsNo explanations yet!!! Please, Login to provide explanation for this section.
Never File Wrong GSTR-1
Check your GST numbers in bulk. Check unlimited GST numbers with very cheap packages.
- Section 1 Short title and extent.
- Section 2 Definitions.
- Section 3 Public Provident Fund Scheme.
- Section 4 Subscriptions to Fund.
- Section 6 Withdrawals.
- Section 7 Grant of loans.
- Section 8 Payment on death of subscriber.
- Section 9 Protection against attachment.
- Section 10 Protection of action taken in good faith.
- Section 11 Power to remove difficultie
- Section 12 Scheme to be laid before Parliament.