Section 6 Withdrawals. of Public Provident Fund Act (PPF), 1968
6. (1) A subscriber shall be entitled to make withdrawals from the amount standing to his credit in the Fund (including any interest accrued thereon) to such extent and subject to such terms and conditions as may be specified in the Scheme :
Provided that such withdrawals shall be allowed only after the expiry of a period of five years from the end of the year in which he makes the initial subscription to the Fund.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), a subscriber shall be entitled to withdraw the entire balance standing to his credit in the Fund after the expiry of a period of fifteen years from the end of the year in which he makes the initial subscription to the Fund.
(3) Subject to the provisions of sub-sections (1) and (2), an individual who, has made subscriptions to the Fund on behalf of a minor, of whom he is the guardian, shall be entitled to withdraw any amount from the Fund only for the use of the minor.
Analysis by Experts
Can I withdraw money from my PPF account? HOW ?
Never File Wrong GSTR-1
Check your GST numbers in bulk. Check unlimited GST numbers with very cheap packages.
- Section 1 Short title and extent.
- Section 2 Definitions.
- Section 3 Public Provident Fund Scheme.
- Section 4 Subscriptions to Fund.
- Section 6 Withdrawals.
- Section 7 Grant of loans.
- Section 8 Payment on death of subscriber.
- Section 9 Protection against attachment.
- Section 10 Protection of action taken in good faith.
- Section 11 Power to remove difficultie
- Section 12 Scheme to be laid before Parliament.