Section 11 Reserve Banks powers to issue directions to authorised person of Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
Reserve Bank’s powers to issue directions to authorised person.
11. (1) The Reserve Bank may, for the purpose of securing compliance with the provisions of this Act and of any rules, regulations, notifications or directions made thereunder, give to the authorised persons any direction in regard to making of payment or the doing or desist from doing any act relating to foreign exchange or foreign security.
(2) The Reserve Bank may, for the purpose of ensuring the compliance with the provisions of this Act or of any rule, regulation, notification, direction or order made thereunder, direct any authorised person to furnish such information, in such manner, as it deems fit.
(3) Where any authorised person contravenes any direction given by the Reserve Bank under this Act or fails to file any return as directed by the Reserve Bank, the Reserve Bank may, after giving reasonable opportunity of being heard, impose on the authorised person a penalty which may extend to ten thousand rupees and in the case of continuing contravention with an additional penalty which may extend to two thousand rupees for every day during which such contravention continues.
Analysis by ExpertsNo explanations yet!!! Please, Login to provide explanation for this section.
Never File Wrong GSTR-1
Check your GST numbers in bulk. Check unlimited GST numbers with very cheap packages.
- Section 1 Short title, extent, application and commencement.
- Section 2 Definitions.
- Section 3 Dealing in foreign exchange, etc.
- Section 4 Holding of foreign exchange, etc.
- Section 5 Current account transactions.
- Section 6 Capital account transactions.
- Section 7 Export of goods and services.
- Section 8 Realisation and repatriation of foreign exchange.
- Section 9 Exemption from realisation and repatriation in certain cases.
- Section 10 Authorised person.
- Section 11 Reserve Banks powers to issue directions to authorised person
- Section 12 Power of Reserve Bank to inspect authorised person.
- Section 13 Penalties.
- Section 14 Enforcement of the orders of Adjudicating Authority
- Section 14A [Power to recover arrears of penalty.
- Section 15 Power to compound contravention
- Section 16 Appointment of Adjudicating Authority.
- Section 17 Appeal to Special Director (Appeals).
- Section 18 [Appellate Tribunal.
- Section 19 Appeal to Appellate Tribunal.
- Section 20
- Section 21 [Qualifications for appointment of Special Director (Appeals).
- Section 22
- Section 23 [Terms and conditions of service of Special Director (Appeals).
- Section 24
- Section 25
- Section 26
- Section 27 [Staff of Special Director (Appeals).
- Section 28 Procedure and Powers of Appellate Tribunal and Special Director (Appeals)
- Section 29
- Section 30
- Section 31
- Section 32 Right of appellant to take assistance of legal practitioner or chartered accountant and of Government, to appoint presenting officers.
- Section 33 [Officers and employees, etc. to be public servant.
- Section 34 Civil court not to have jurisdiction
- Section 35 Appeal to High Court.
- Section 36 Directorate of Enforcement.
- Section 37 Power of search, seizure, etc.
- Section 38 Empowering other officers.
- Section 39 Presumption as to documents in certain cases
- Section 40 Suspension of operation of this Act
- Section 41 Power of Central Government to give directions.
- Section 42 Contravention by companies.
- Section 43 Death or insolvency in certain cases.
- Section 44 Bar of legal proceeding
- Section 45 Removal of difficulties.
- Section 46 Power to make rules.
- Section 47 Power to make regulations.
- Section 48 Rules and regulations to be laid before Parliament.
- Section 49 Repeal and saving.